Common Questions My Clients Ask
I’ve put together some Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) to give you information about how to get started. Simply click on the question to reveal the answer. And if you still have a question that you can’t find the answer to, please Contact Me here.
What is the difference between consulting and coaching?
There is a big difference between consulting and coaching. In a typical consulting engagement, you are paying a consultant to have the right answers and to tell you “what to do”. As a client, you pay a consultant for their expertise so they can give you answers and advice.
My experience as a coach is in partnering with you to discover your own “right answers”. While I have a wide range of business and life experiences, only you know your situation best and can make relevant decisions. The value I bring as a coach is about helping you see what has been invisible to you and to help you make personal changes that you thought were not possible. I partner with you to guide you in achieving your specific goals, consistent with your values and your journey to become the best version of yourself.
What is the difference between coaching and therapy?
Therapy focuses on healing a past psychological injury of some sort, whereas coaching is more about achieving some future success-state. Coaching’s focus is on moving forward as opposed to healing the past.
What is coaching?
- Professional coaching is a partnership of equals centered on the coaching client.
- Coaching relies on the resourcefulness of the client to create his or her own solutions for change.
- Coaching is a sequential process that can consist of clarifying purpose, values, beliefs, skills, options, designing goals/plans, and encouraging taking action within a supportive relationship.
- Coaching is designed to help focus on untapped talents and energy in order to become more effective and productive, both personally and professionally.
- Coaching is most effective when communication is open and honest.
What is the coach’s role?
- Help you (coaching client) prioritize and develop a workable plan for your development/change.
- Provide appropriate encouragement, reinforcement and support.
- Help you gain resources associated with implementing your plan.
- Agree to keep all conversations confidential.
- Move you forward toward meaningful goals and support you to overcome obstacles and barriers.
- Work with you to define tasks, actions, decisions, goals, and timeframes.
- Share best practices as appropriate.
- Help you envision options, possibilities, strategies, and solutions while leaving the choice of action up to you.
- Provide ongoing support, focus, alternatives, constructive feedback, and clarity.
What is the client’s role?
- Identify skills, behaviors, and goals for your improvement, or, at times, your decisions.
- Share your goals with others as appropriate.
- Try new behaviors, even if uncomfortable.
- Practice/rehearse with your coach key interactions associated with implementing your plan.
- Be willing to ask for help at any time. Utilize your coach as an outside resource here for your development.
- Give coach ongoing feedback about progress and satisfaction/dissatisfaction with process/results.
- Take action that moves you forward.
- Take responsibility for your own growth and learning and for choices that may result from working together.
How much does a coaching engagement cost?
The costs vary and depend on how long the coaching engagement will last.
Why would someone hire a coach?
A coach can offer a unique and unbiased perspective on behaviors and blind spots that are getting in the way of your success, both personally and professionally.
How are coaching sessions conducted?
I offer one on one Coaching sessions in face to face meetings, through video or over the phone when those two options are not possible.
What are your hours?
I usually discuss session schedules with my clients when we talk or meet the first time as I have coached clients who are in other parts of the world. Together we arrive at a mutually convenient timeframe.
How do I know if I am a strong candidate for coaching?
Coaching requires a dedicated and sustained effort so it is important to be aware of the following about yourself:
- You are 100% committed to being honest, vulnerable and to do the hard work that is required in any personal change effort
- Are motivated to explore and accomplish goals
- You are open to receive and integrate feedback
- You are dedicated to becoming the best version of yourself
- You are searching for your true passion
- You are in a career or personal transition
- Are feeling stuck and need an objective perspective and feedback
- You want to reimagine your career possibilities
- You want to enhance your emotional intelligence
- You want to become a more authentic leader
What are the benefits of coaching?
Coaching offers a number of benefits and advantages.
- Enhanced self-awareness
- Greater awareness of how others experience you
- Becoming aware of and learning to manage your emotional triggers
- Ability to be more present
- Build self-confidence
- Manage conflict more effectively
- Stress reduction
- Improved communication skills
Book your Appointment
I am available to empower you to quickly and effectively make the changes you want to see in your life and business.